Explore the power of molecular sequences
Develop your protocols for bioinformatic analysis
Curate gene specific data for your research
Bioinformatics Support & Analysis
- A list of curated links to molecular resources, bioinformatics tools and databases.
- A team of career bioinformaticians and molecular biologist for a free consultation.
- Help with designing bioinformatics protocols and data mining pipelines.
- Forum discussion and resource sharing.
Scientific Data Curation
- The evidence implicating a gene should be statistically significant supported with ancillary data from informatics sources and functional studies.
- All the available evidence should be collectively assessed. Depending on the research question each piece of proof from the type of evidence listed in the paper can have a varied level of importance in implicating gene to the disease phenotype.
- Any evidence from patient tissue or cells is invariably stronger than that from model systems. Assays involving heterologous cell line engineered with causal variant and subsequent rescue can help to rule out effects of a patient’s genetic factors on disease outcome.
- The association is supported by evidence from assays performed in model organisms, cell culture or non-cellular systems such as construct-based assays of altered protein–protein interactions or transcript splicing.